Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blueberries!

My mother in law gave me some fresh blueberries recently and I haven't really done anything with them. Last night I was on foodgawker and found this really yummy recipe for blueberry lemonade. It seems really easy and quick to do, so as soon as I'm finished here I'm going to go make it. I'll post the recipe now and tell you how it went later.

Blueberry Lemonade

1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
3 cup water

Place blueberries in medium sauce pan and pour in just enough water to cover the bottom. Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Mash the berries with a potato masher and strain liquid into pitcher. Discard solids. Stir in lemon juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved, then add water. Chill and serve over ice. Garnish with 2 or 3 blueberries and a lemon slice if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment