Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Phail

So I decided to cook dinner for my other half yesterday night, and I must say, I should have known better. My mother has a small garden and we are over-run with zucchini and yellow squash so I have been trying different ways to prepare them. I think I had a good idea last night but it just fell through. I attempted to bake seasoned squash sliced on a bed of onion and garlic and made croûtons (sorta) to put the bake on. Well...needless to say the squash dried out and the onion and garlic looked untouched to I put them in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil and seared them. As for the croûtons, I thought I could be lazy and make them on the stove top. They came out oily :(. The end result wasn't a complete disaster, but wasn't the brightest thing I could have thought of. Next time maybe I'll remember to take pictures, it looked alright at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment